What Is A Systems-Built Home?|
- Systems built homes are “real” homes built off-site, in components, under stringent and technologically advanced guidelines. Panelized, log, SIP’s and modular homes are classified by the National Home Builder’s Association as ‘systems built’.
- Construction of systems built homes is maintaining a healthy 10% annual growth. Many housing forecasters expect systems built homes will change the face of home construction. The change, much like the ‘assembly plants’ that changed the automobile industry, allows for a better built home, in considerable less time.
- Systems built homes are computer engineered to meet all national, state & local building standards.
- Systems built homes typically use 20% to 30% more framing material to insure a safe and secure trip to its destination.
- Glue is used along with nails and screws for a more solid assembly.
- Greater detail is given to the layout & strength of the floor, since this is what will carry the weight of the rest of the home as it travels to a site.
- The purchasing power of ordering materials for 20 to 35 homes each week offers first pick in the lumber market and volume purchasing discounts.
- Quality control experts at each stage of the construction process constantly supervise full time craftsmen. This constant supervision minimizes poor workmanship due to alcohol or drug abuse.
- Indoor systems built construction is never delayed by bad weather conditions. Conventional outdoor construction can come to a halt because of rain or other adverse conditions.
- A direct result of eliminating construction delays is lower interest payments for the construction period.
- During systems built construction, building materials are stored indoors and are not subject to bad weather for lengthy periods of time.
- Indoor storage of materials eliminates theft and vandalism that outdoor construction sites can face.
- Systems built homes are shipped to different areas with different zoning codes, which means systems built homes must meet the highest standard in every zone.
- Our systems built homes have a 10-year structural warranty.